Reese (obviously) had a horrible reaction to the Amoxicillan She was taking for an ear infection. She finished her 10 day dose and then broke out. The doctor called it Erythema Multiforme. and it is an external reaction.. meaning that it isn't effecting her breathing or anything life threatening. She is just Miserable!! They burn and itch uncontrollably.
Poor baby! Benedryl doesn't seem to do much.
If anyone has had this happen to one of their kids, please let me know what to expect next!!! Every day seems to get worse. The first day she has a few small spots on her arms and legs and diaper area. The last picture was taken this morning. She is so swollen, She looks like a different kid.

9 comments:
I can't believe that poor little girl. I almost feel as bad for you as I do her. how long is that supposed to last?
Hannah had a reaction to Amoxicillin when she was about Reese's age but it was nothing like that. Poor baby! I wish I knew what would help. Hope she feels better soon!
This looks crazy! did you freak when it started surfacing?
Did you get my email? I hope she gets over this soon. When is she seeing the doctor again?
oh that is the saddest thing! she looks miserable! hope it clears up soon!!!
Poor little Reese! I've never seen anything like that before! I would worry about other alergies too! Now you are going to have to tell everyone (daycare, preschool, school, doctors, etc...) that she is allergic. I bet that makes them nervous. You should check out my blog with my poor sweet Brie!
Oh sad :( My mother suggests giving her like an oatmeal bath like you do for a child with chicken pox, to help with the itching. Or anything for poison ivy... just to control the itching. Just looking at those pictures makes my skin burn! :( I hope it's better soon.
Wow! oh poor girl, and poor you. Mom always feels the worse for her child. I truly hope that doesn't last long. At first I had thought she had a run in with poison Ivy! wow, but I guess now you know for the future.
Oh my gosh! You weren't kidding yesterday. I had no idea ! I hope she is feeling 100% better!
Post a Comment